Marlboro College (Marlboro, VT), 2010–2014, BA in Philosophy and Literature, with highest honors.
Newton North High School (Newton, MA), 2006–2010.
Teen Ink/Young Authors Foundation (Newton, MA), book development editor, 2014–.
- Sorted, evaluated, and filed magazine’s archives of submitted work to prepare
for the development of anthologies dedicated to teens’ writing on social issues.
- Continued to assist Teen Ink staff with editorial work related to the production
of print magazine.
Teen Ink magazine (Newton, MA), assistant editor (freelance), 2011–2014.
- Edited proofs (hard copy, in Quark XPress, and in InDesign) for style, grammar,
and mechanics, along with factchecking.
- Selected pieces for publication in print magazine.
Marlboro College Writer’s Block (Marlboro, VT), writing tutor, 2011–2014.
- One of three or four tutors at a small (~230 students) writing-focused school.
- Worked one-on-one with students, providing feedback on outlines and drafts at
any stage, for content, style, grammar, and mechanics.
- Enabled students to evaluate and polish finished work in order to compile
writing portfolios, or to submit as part of an undergraduate thesis.
Teen Ink magazine (Newton, MA), editorial intern, 2007–2010.
- Sorted, evaluated, and cleared backlogs of written submissions for publication.
- Managed magazine subscriptions and promotional mailings with FileMaker.
- Moderated user-submitted website content.
Charles River Creative Arts Program (Dover, MA), counselor-in-training, 2009–2010 (summers).
- Co-taught small summer camp classes for children of ages 8–15—mostly writing
instruction, with some visual arts instruction, too.
- Collaborated with other staff, using QuarkXPress and Adobe InDesign, to create
layout, select pieces, scan art, and proofread a daily newsletter produced by
- Initiated a project to put this newsletter online, requiring daily use of HTML,
and some instruction of others in HTML and in the use of FTP clients.
- Mac OS X, Windows XP/Vista/7, Ubuntu.
- Adobe Photoshop/Photoshop Elements, Adobe InDesign, QuarkXPress, FileMaker
Publications (edited and written) and awards
- Roland W. Boyden Prize for excellence in the humanities, 2014.
- Editing for Bullying Under Attack: True Stories Written by Teen Victims, Bullies & Bystanders, 2013.
- “Power Out,” short story in The Collection, Topside Press, 2012.
- Marlboro College Freshman/Sophomore Essay Prize, honorable mention, 2011.